We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to communicate what's happening for Sunday services, events and other gatherings in compliance with the CDC. We will update this post with the latest announcements. Please bookmark and share this page with others.
Last updated: March 31, 2020
- Sunday services - Live stream only at 11am
- Small Groups - Communicate with your leader for specifics and alternative options (online meetings, etc.)
- Easter - Special live stream at 11am
- Events - All other gatherings at church on hold until further notice.
- Prayer / Pastoral - Anyone needing prayer or would like to chat with the pastoral team during this time can email or call/text 352-614-0311
Cares Act Update:
On Friday March 23rd 2020, President Trump signed into law the CARES Act, also known as the Keeping American Workers Paid and Employed Act. It is the largest amount of money ($2 trillion) ever spent by a government to:
- pay companies to quickly hire back their workers, and
- to triple the amount of unemployment payments to keep everyone's income up until they get rehired.
Northwest will have several of our best financial advisors strategize on how to help us as Northwest Members benefit from this opportunity. We will get more info to you soon. But in the meantime here are the facts so far:
- A one time check of $1,200 for each adult will be sent to EVERY adult if your income is $75,000 or less for a single person and $150,000 or less for a married couple.
- Plus you'll receive $500 for each child.
- If you have not filed your 2018 personal tax return yet, you will need to do so immediately in order to get the $1,200 check as soon as possible.
For those of you who are unemployed:
In Florida, the current state unemployment payment is half of your pay up to a maximum weekly payment of $275. The new law adds $600 to the $275 making the new maximum $875 per week.
Please contact the State of Florida immediately to apply for unemployment benefits at:
(Monday - Friday 7:30AM to 6:30PM, and Saturday and Sunday 8AM to 2PM)